Friday, May 17, 2013

Place in TIme Calendar

                                                        
January


Hello everyone!
I can't believe my last post was in March, but between work and recuperating from shingles, I feel like I hardly have time to do all the paper things I love.  It's ironic, but I have been busy the last few weeks with all kinds of ideas.  My Muse has been a busy lady lately.... I just need to find time to post what I've been working on LOL!

Anyway... let's talk about Mother's Day.... I hope all of you who are mothers - and those of you with mothers - had a nice day.  My mother lives in Puerto Rico, so I don't remember the last Mother's Day I actually spent with her.  Distance does make the heart grow fonder, and this year I wanted to make something very special for her.  I had been thinking for some time now of using the Place in Time papers from Graphic 45 to make an easel calendar.  I used the papers from the 8 x 8 pack, although the rectangular calendar on each page is from the 12 x 12 set. I worked on it every moment I could and managed to complete it in time to send for Mother's Day.  I showed it to Melody Winston, a dear friend of mine that works at Stamp Asylum (in Plano, Texas), and she loved everything about it.  Melody is quite a mixed-media artist herself, so this was high praise coming from her. I am happy to say my mother was delighted with the calendar when she opened it.

Sometime on my agenda for later this year is to make one for my sister Anabel.... and the beat goes on and on and on.... Enjoy the photos, and I would appreciate your feedback!

Thank you for looking and have a nice evening!
                                                             
February is for love, kisses, and chocolates!
 
                                      
March is for St Patrick and kite flying
(this is my mother's birth month)

                                   
                                        
April is for showers
(my sister Anabel's birth month)
 
                                          
May is for flowers and Mother's Day

                                            
June is for brides and Father's Day
 
 
July is for the 4th!
 
 
August is for summer sun
(my birth month!)
 
 
September is for back to School and Autumn leaves
 
 
October is for Halloween and little black cats!
 
 
November is for Thamksgiving and turkey!
 
 
December
(the most wonderful time of the year!)
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. More beautiful work! I can't believe you did all this in time for Mother's Day. I just pulled out my 12x12 Place in Time last night, but my easel is only an 8x8. I made a mini album for my Mother-in-Law from A Ladies Diary and some stamps from the Little Darlings collection. I'll see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana! Thank you for your compliments - I really appreciate it! I worked like the devil to get this done by Mother's Day, and it still took me almost 2 weeks. It was truly a labor of love. Take care and have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Each page is more lovely than the last. So vintage and so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peggie! Thank you your feedback - I appreciate it! I like your art work because of the versatility you show with different kinds of cards and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todos preciosos Damarys!! Aunque me quedo con abril que es mi mes y diciembre que como tu bien dices es "the most wonderful time of the year"!!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mil gracias, querida amiga...has hecho mi dia con tus cumplidos!

      Delete
  6. This is seriously GORGEOUS!!! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gabrielle! I appreciate your compliments and all your advice!

      Delete